[TriLUG] Limit ssh access

Kevin Hunter khunter at rhoworld.com
Tue Jan 22 14:28:05 EST 2002

Good question.  Now that I think about it, it's both.  I want to
allow the content guys access to scp stuff up, but only from our
internal LAN. I don't want to allow anyone other than myself access
from outside my dmz.  I guess this now b/c's more of a ipchains
thing.

..which leads to another question: If RH 7.2 supports both ipchains
and iptables, and my 7.2 install defaulted to ipchains, iptables is
considered the latest and greatest and is the future ( whereas
ipchains is the present/past ).  I do understand that I have to use
one or the other..