[TriLUG] TurboTax for the web and linux

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:31:51 EST 2002

>From: "M. Mueller/bhu5nji" <bhu5nji at yahoo.com>

>Anybody got a Netscape 4.06 and up (excluding 4.6) they can click into
>http://www.turbotax.intuit.com/welcome/perm/icomnews/welcome.htm
>and report results? You've got to click on "Use TurboTax 1040" to complete
>the test.  Success would be to NOT get the message about not supporting
>your
>browser.

I've tried with Konqueroro 2.2.2. I can display the page, click the next
one. I get no message at all like "We do not support your browser". But I
cannot get to the page!

So, AFAIK, it looks like a a case of bad JavaScript programming, where they
do not use complete paths (that is, contrary to W3C recommendations) and, of
course, this just works with IExplorer 5.x

My .02 c

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Linux Machine # 38068