[TriLUG] grub: where does initrd-<ver> .img come from

John Matthews jvmatthe at math.duke.edu
Thu Jan 24 09:19:15 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 09:05, H. Wade Minter wrote:
> RH72 and above SHOULD always use an initrd, since things like ext3 and
> whatnot are built as modules by default.

So, if I make a ramdisk and add it to my custom kernel's lines in
grub.conf I won't have to fsck the / partition after a bad hang? Other
partitions come up and recover their journals, but / doesn't with the
custom kernel. I suppose the stock Red Hat kernel would...hmmmm.

Thanks for pointing that out,
matt

--
Matt Matthews     \ ph: 919.660.2811        \ Use GNU/Linux  _o) w00t
Duke Univ., Postdoc\ jvmatthe at math.duke.edu  \____________   /\\