aka okey I'm a dope! RE: [TriLUG] RE: Minor problems installi ng RHL 7.2 on a Toshiba 2 800-S201

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Fri Jan 25 09:28:33 EST 2002

Okey, I'm a dope. I found the driver for the modem. Here it is:

Found it at the following:
http://www.dwrees.co.uk/linmodem.php#install

"Installing the LT Winmodem in Linux

  If you're using a recent version of either RedHat, Mandrake, Debian
GNU/Linux or SuSE, you will be able to download binary drivers which
  can be installed in just a few commands. Otherwise you will have to
download the source code and compile it yourself, which is easy enough
  anyway. Much of this article is based on existing READMEs - I've tried to
collate these into one help file which is newbie-friendly - please
  see acknowledgements for details.

  Compiling and installing from source

  The first thing you need to do is head over to
http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem/ and get the latest source
tar.gz file. Once
  this is downloaded, first open up a new terminal (assuming your a working
in X-Windows), and change to the directory that you downloaded
  the file to. Then, extract the source from the file, e.g.

  cd /home/dan/downloads
  tar -zxvf ltmodem-6.00a.tar.gz

  You should replace "6.00a" with the version you have downloaded. This will
extract the files to a directory of the same name as the file.
  Move into that directory by typing cd ltmodem-6.00a1 (v6.00a adds a 1 to
the directory name)..."

As you can see, I'm a dope.

I think I'm going to write this up and post it on my page. Ugh.

Thanks for listening to my drivel.