[TriLUG] The great email server build: was status of email

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Fri Jan 25 17:38:51 EST 2002

Hi All,

Chris in his concern for me throwing too much of my junk hardware at the
hope of getting a reliable email server, got me to thinking.  I looked
in the manual and this MB will also take a PII or Celeron....that should
be more than sufficient.

just fyi its an ABIT-BF6.  It has been confirmed to work with linux for
sure.

Update:

We have by my summation of the emails:

 1 x Case
 1 x PIII motherboard  (ABIT-BF6 I even have the manual!)
 2 x power supplies (Lets try em both..not sure mine works
 1 x 8gb IDE 5 1/4" weirdo drive (and I just confirmed it
 actually truly
 works)
 1 x set o' cables/brackets
 256MB x RAM (it only requires PC100 I think but I think PC133 will
		work, correct me if I'm wrong)
 1 video card
 1 floppy (possibly working)
 2 network cards (At least)

We need:
 1 PIII/PII or Celeron processor (up to 700 or so mhz if I recall)

So who has the processor??

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!