[TriLUG] possible OT -- Hardware request

Robert martin robertlmarti at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 25 21:37:53 EST 2002

ATI cards have the best built in TV Tuners that I've found. And since,
they use BTTV chips, they work in Linux. Rather than buy one of the ATI
All-IN-Wonder series, though, I just added a PCI ATI-TV Wonder onto my
system. it was only about $80 mail order. The rest of my video card
budget I put into a kick-butt NVidia Card. (This also means that when
the NVidia card is obsolete, I don't have to replace the TV card, too)

For a while I had a Voodoo3/3500, but the drivers are only alpha
quality, and aren't part of the default kernel.

My situation is i currently have onboard (intel 815) video and my
hauppauge tv card
also bttv so if i do a video card (to pick up tv output and better vid)
it will need to have the tv chips on it (i would yank the tv card during
the vid card install). the ati boards should "just work"?