[TriLUG] status of email

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Fri Jan 25 22:29:33 EST 2002

> +1 On using free software.  You can check out all the rants you want
> here (http://www.linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/#djb)   and that about
covers
> it.  I feel pretty strongly about this, and I will help at any time to
> install & maintain either sendmail or postfix as a free solution.  I
> really don't think that the hardware is going to have much trouble
with
> at Celeron or higher processor levels..

Great.. . A dedicated fanatic working under the threat of people getting
frustrated and installing *what works* regardless of whether its *free*
is quite possibly ideal!  The motivation comes built in...I like it!

Like I said...the power of "those that DO" versus philosophize.  We're
close to having the pieces to put together.  I guess once that's done
all we'll need is me (if I can help otherwise I'll be happy to just
collect/deliver the parts)/you/a person with sufficient karma to meet at
Inflo. (enflo? sp?) next weekend and make this puppy hum.  As long as it
is stable and reasonably fast its good.

If someone has a webmail solution they can install on it as well, that
would be truly awesome.

Jon, are they (inflo) open on the weekend or do we need to make
arrangements to show up during the week?

Anyone have an opinion on the minimum processor and speed we need?

Is 8gig enough space?  I could probably scrounge for more, but I'd
rather use that for building the kids new computers when I get to it.

Thanks to everyone who is donating hardware, expertise!

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!