[TriLUG] status of email

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 13:38:53 EST 2002

On Saturday 26 January 2002 07:35, Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 01:37, Brent Verner wrote:
> > I agree.  I've not really setup imap, so it would be cool to dig into
> > that, however I think we'll need to put disk quotas on accounts...
>
> Quotas already exist on fatA, and since I had planned on mounting /home
> from fatA on any subsequent boxes, the quota should carry over, right?
>
> > I'd hate to see someone with a maildir that size on a shared
> > box ;-)
>
> +1. The biggest concern isn't ~/mail so much as the inboxes.

Quota's are good.  I also have a mail-eatting script that looks at the size
of the mailbox and prunes out messages till the mailbox is within specs -
or all the mail in the box is less than 5 days old... whichever comes first.

If we are running IMAP, we don't want a script like that, but if we are
running POP, it comes in handy.

Personally I want IMAP and as much storage as I can get (about 50Mb).  To
help that happen, I'm willing to kick-in $50 towards a new HD.

If you install the latest Cooker on the box (Mandrake), you'll make me a
happy man...  ;-).  I'm happy to lend some time to the project if you need
it.  I live on the Western edge of Apex near FV.

Jon