[TriLUG] February Meeting

Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Sat Jan 26 22:38:15 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 21:11, Craig Duncan wrote:
> Ok you have all got me confused. Is there a meeting on Feb 14th or not?

Probably not, as we're hosting Robin Miller (roblimo at slashdot) on the
preceding Monday (Feb 11).

> IMHO I don't see why the notion of deviating from the schedule is even being
> entertained. Those who don't want to show up for personal reasons, should
> simply not show up.

That would be...let me see...pretty much the entire SC.

[explanation mode on, mostly without the Chair Hat]

Look, I try my best *NOT* to move meetings. I didn't for Eben (and I
think that might have been a mistake), but given the current budget
situation, the fact that we have **ROBIN MILLER** on the 11th, and the
fact that pretty much the entire SC would prefer to be elsewhere on the
14th, it'd probably not a bad idea.

And I can appreciate that not everyone *HAS* an SO, and some of y'all
would like to meet that day. But I'll be at the Robin Miller talk, and
with my wife on the 14th. Sorry.

If the rest of the SC is in the same boat (i.e. with their SOs), we
can't have the meeting - one member of the SC *MUST* be present to be
responsible for Dreyfus (part of our agreement with RTI) at the very
least. And I want to see the rpm/deb/package talk as much as the rest of
you, but let me tell you, TriLUG is important to me, but not so
important I'd skip Valentine's Day for it (Nothing personal, Ben et.
al).

I'd rather have a joint meet with NC*SA on 2/11/2002 (the Monday of that
week) rather than have two meetings next month. Given that the speakers
are all keen on this arrangement and given the scheduling circumstances,
I don't see any reason not to move things around for this month.

We've done it before (because of RTI scheduling issues), and we'll
probably do it again.

Sorry if it really puts anyone out, but at least we've got enough time
to arrange it, and the meeting isn't this week, right? Plenty of time to
make alternate plans....

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  ICQ: 4855069            AIM: ksonney  --
320C 0336 3BC4 13EC 4AEC  6AF2 525F CED7 7BB6 12C9