[TriLUG] grub (my first grub experience)

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Sat Jan 26 23:50:46 EST 2002

Matt Matthews [jvmatthe at math.duke.edu] wrote:
> On the topic of grub...
>
> What are the specifications for the XPM that can be used for the background?
> I'd like to replace it with my own background, but my XPM doesn't look
> right...it looks like half-resolution (i.e. fat pixels) with wonky colors.
> Seems to imply that I'm using more data per pixel than I should.
>
> I guess, more specifically, what bit depth? 256 colors? I guess I'll just try
> that, but it should be documented somewhere, no? :^)

I don't know how well-documented it is since it's not part of GRUB, it's
patched by redhat (and others, I suspect).  Best bet would be to grab the
grub .src.rpm and see if the patch tells you anything.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/