[TriLUG] Tri-LUG member web sites, was [What about an "unofficial" February Meeting, for those without SO's??]

prhodes at vdsinc.com prhodes at vdsinc.com
Sun Jan 27 11:21:41 EST 2002

> Why dont we have a web site with our picture on it or something?
> Maybe we each could get a small space to show a picture, email address,
> irc nick, PGP pulbic key, interests, etc.

That's a darn good idea, John.  And it seems like there /was/ some
discussion, at one time, of Tri-LUG providing
personal web pages for members.  I think maybe lack of disk space was the
hold-up on that? Although I could
be mistaken.

Any SC members, or just somebody with better memory, care to elaborate on
that?  Is that in the plans for the
future, or what? If not, it's definitely a good idea.

In the meantime, a short-term suggestion would be to add a "members" page
to the main Tri-LUG page,
and provide a link the the member's existing home page ( for those who have
one ).

What do you guys think about doing that?  It wouldn't take up a lot of
space, and it would be
(fairly) easy to implement. I'll even volunteer to help do it, if you guys
think it's a good idea.

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes
Application Designer
Voice Data Solutions
919-571-4300 x225
prhodes at vdsinc.com

America is at war with Afghanistan.  America has always been at war with
Afghanistan.  Russia is our ally.  Russia has always been our ally.

Read Orwell's 1984.  Read a newspaper.  Fear the future.

The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty
is a history of limitations of governmental power, not the increase of it.
- Woodrow Wilson Speech in New York, September 9, 1912

Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
will lose both and deserve neither. - Benjamin Franklin