[TriLUG] February Meeting

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 28 16:58:10 EST 2002

Naw, I'm assuming, of course, that most of the Trilug guys are much more
intelligent than Fred Flintstone--but that assumption might definitely be
subject to challenge :-)
    Actually, I take my wife out to early dinners all the time. It is less
crowded and you get much better service. If you go out about 5:30PM you
should definitely be able to get in a nice dinner and still have time to
make a Trilug meeting. How romantic can a dinner be if you go late to some
packed restaurant where you can't get decent service, etc., etc., etc. The
only time to go to a restaurant with your wife is either very early or very
late. In fact, I've actually taken my wife out to eat BEFORE a few Trilug
meetings in the past and still arrived in time for the meeting!!
   One thing that IS definitely driving me nuts is the fact that Trilug
always seems to think that there is always a "better" meeting somewhere else
than the one that has been  scheduled!! This would be OK if the "new
speaker" were to appear at Dreyfus Auditorium and we didn't have to drive to
some place in Durham which we've never been before!! Frankly, I'm not too
crazy about driving around unknown places in Durham in the dark, which has
the dangerous possibility of becoming lost in a bad neighborhood you
shouldn't be in!!
    How many weeks has RPM been postponed now??  2, 3, 4 or 5?? I've lost
count.
---AL