[TriLUG] trilug web hosting worked for me!

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Fri Feb 1 19:00:14 EST 2002

I got my XML Cocoon generated html homepage up on TriLug.
I'm mostly using this as my about page link off of POI's page on Jakarta
(POI isn't publicly accessible yet).

I ripped POI's build up and just used the doc build stuff (Thank you Ken
Barrozzi) which uses Cocoon to statically generate pages.  I ripped out
the Jakarta and POI headers from the skins.  If anyone wants to steal it
be my guest, its in my home directory.  I have linked directories there
as well that point to the important stuff and a "dobuild.sh" script so
that I don't have to concentrate very hard to run the build.

Anyhow, I'll probably get this to autogenerate soon.  It would be cool I
think if I could edit this locally press a button, have it upload and
then let the crontab regenerate it at night some time.  I've
rediscovered jEdit which lets me validate XML without straining my brain
any so I think I could add a little custom function to send it up via a
shell script...humm.  Too busy for that right now but its a thought.

I'll be contacting people about parts for the Email server this
weekend.  Especially if its nice out ;-).

Looks like an install is out of the question this weekend.  I need to do
it before too long though as I'm going out of town the 10-16 for
bowstreet training.

So thats the status of things.  stay tuned.  I'm going to go get some
beer...oooh no single malt scotch!  (discovered this stuff Isle of
Jura...very good)

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com