[TriLUG] re: trilug web hosting worked for me!

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 21:12:41 EST 2002

On Monday 04 February 2002 08:44 pm, you wrote:

> Haven't gotten into python yet.  Its on my long list of to-dos.

What a great tool.  i printed off the entire Library handbook (500+ pages)
and never regretted it.  I got the "learning Python" book from O'Reilly.
Those two resources + web searching got me going pretty fast.  I did some
Unix protocol UDP stuff and some pretty ugly bit mapped data structures to
make a traffic generator.  I can reconfigure it by changing the logic faster
than I could change control parameters on traffic simulators I've used in the
past.

The string processing is very nice.  The types and operators have lots of
similarities to STL containers and algorithms.

I need to do a web app pretty soon to create .conf files from forms and
pull-downs.  I'm gonna try hard to use Python if ti makes sense.

Mike M.