[TriLUG] Its broke and I gotta fix it

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 7 23:18:39 EST 2002

Well, I'd look at the IDE cable first to make sure that it's securely
attached at both ends.  If you pull it out, make sure that you put it
back in the same way as before.  If you have your CD and HDD on the same
IDE channel, try putting them on seperate channels (as in HDD on IDE1
and CD-ROM on IDE2).  See if your bios recognizes anything.  If that
fails, try replacing the IDE cable with a new one.  Lastly, I'd have
someone check out the drive for you in another machine.  The drive
itself may be hosed.

Regards,
Ben Pitzer