[TriLUG] wachovia

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 8 19:59:11 EST 2002

Well there are a lot of other banks you can do business with, aren't there??
For that matter, why don't  you have an checking or savings account at a
bank anyway?? Just about any Credit Union will give you much lower interest
rates for borrowing and much higher ones on your money. Tip: if any member
of your immediate family works for the STATE of NC or even for any town or
city government, as a member of their family YOU can obtain a credit union
account with either the State Credit Union (SECU) or with the Local
Government Credit Union (LGCU)--which are essentially run by the same
association!! Moreover, your money is safer being federally insured by the
Federal Credit Union Insurance Organization rather than the FDIC (which is
frankly not as strong nowadays).
      Actually, unless you're a business, you really don't need to do
business with any bank at all. There are lots of better places to have a
checking, savings and money market account than a bank. You really just need
a good money market fund which allows you to write checks on your account
(of which there are many!!). So I suggest that you just leave the "big
thieves" and sign up with one of the "little thieves"--one of which will
definitely not have sold out to Microsoft :-) --AL