[TriLUG] Yes, Mike, I'd love to hear how and where this could be done.

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Sat Feb 9 14:55:33 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 12:24, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Mike said:
> > I'll post how and where to build a Linux box for $287 if you are
> interested.
>
> [...]
> Cost?  $86.95.     Source?  http://www.secondwindpcs.com/

This message is coming from a refurbished HP I picked up at
computergeeks.com, its not a super-fast, great computer, (Celeron 667,
128M, 15G, CD-RW)  but it did cost under $200 with shipping.  And it is
a big step up from anything else I had around the house, I had become
very dependant on the great hardware I had access to at work.

On a side note, I am running RedHat 7.2 with Ximian GNOME on the box and
its very snappy.  I had to boot into Win2k a few weeks ago to use Word
to convert a document, and it was noticibly slower.  Between the speed
difference, my multiple desktops Evolution and Galeon I haven't missed
windows for quite a while.

Peace.

john

--