[TriLUG] Gimp font question

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 11 08:01:02 EST 2002

I thought that I had licked my font problems but I was wrong.

In The GIMP, if I use the Text Tool I get errors such as:

"Font '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal-*-*-420-72-72-m-*-iso8859-1' not
found."

This does not happen for just one font but for every font that I
select.  The font previews fine.  The error only comes up when I click
OK to select it.  chkfontpath seems to indicate that the fonts are
there.  This problem occurs on the diskless xterminals that my group
uses (ncd hmx and ncd mcx).
--

Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5