[TriLUG] mail relaying

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 11 10:04:11 EST 2002

There are several ways of doing what you want...
  - Setup the firewall rules so that the external interface rejects anything
on port 25 unless it comes from an internal or local address
  - Setup Sendmail so that it only listens on the local network card (look
in the sendmail.cf files for these rules - or use the M4 file to set it up).
  - Setup Sendmail on an internal server.

You will need to set-up your sendmail server so that it will relay traffic
for the old sites (like Mindspring).  To do this, edit the file
/etc/mail/relay-domains and add the domains that you will relay for.

Have fun - Jon