[TriLUG] Email questions

Vestal, Roy L. rvestal at rti.org
Mon Feb 11 13:13:03 EST 2002

Okey simple problem, need advise.

I'm trying to get away from having to use Outlook as my email client. I've
tried Evolution and I don't know if I like it. What I'd like to do is use an
IMAP type of setup since I'm waiting for the Ximian Connector to be
released. I'm new to the email setup side of *nix. Our servers here never
use email, we just use them as work horses (primarily a Windoze shop). We
use Exchange, so I need to, if possible, connect to personal folders, which
I believe Evolution can do.

My question is 2 fold:
I've been reading the discussions and have come to the conclusion I'm going
to try Balsa, Evolution, mutt, and so forth. The Question: Can any of these
be setup to automatically check the server for new mail every --seconds or
do I need sendmail?

Question 2:
Any suggestions on how to survive as a Linux person in a MS shop, without
having to use VMware/Win4Lin to run Outlook?