[TriLUG] Web Log Analyzers

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Mon Feb 11 18:17:34 EST 2002

Chris Knowles [knowlesc at telocity.com] wrote:
> OK, I once again appear as an aspirant to your collective knowledge.
>
> My managers want to have pretty little graphs and statistics to their web
> server usage.  Unfortunately, 1) we are using IIS and 2) we have little to no
> desire to spend money on a package.
>
> However, 1) the logs are in W3C extended format, and 2) Linux should be able
> to do it on the cheap  :)
>
> What do you use/recommend?

I like Webalizer.  You can see an example at http://www.befunk.com/stats/.

It's pretty easy to set up and understands standard web logs as well as apache
extended ones and xferlog-style FTP logs.

If you need something with more in-depth configuration, Analog is nice too, but
it's usually overkill for what I do.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/