[TriLUG] Mac OS X is UNIX? (cheapest way to make a movie)

jeffj at ro.com jeffj at ro.com
Tue Feb 12 03:15:52 EST 2002

Tanner Lovelace <lovelace at wayfarer.org> said the following on the auspicious date of 02-02-12:

>On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 01:30, jeffj at ro.com wrote:
>> I disagree. I use Broadcast 2000 on Linux, an open source non-linear video editor.

>Which was discontinued and pulled from the market by it's
>writer.  I'm not sure that's what you want to depend on...

He only pulled the binaries. You can still get the source from Sourceforge. The author is currently working on Cinelerra, Broadcast 2000's successor. Cinelerra's source is also on Sourceforge, but it looks like maybe half the people who try can get it to compile. Since I can't get it to compile, I still use Broadcast 2000.

Windows -- An entomologist's dream

Jeff Jackowski      http://ro.com/~jeffj/
"Luncheon meats make the sawdust in your stomach
 explode."          -- Crow T. Robot