[TriLUG] Set date and time

Sinner from the Prairy sinner_prairy at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 09:03:58 EST 2002

>From: "Robert A. Henderson" <rah at ntrnet.net>

>Ok, this is stupid but it's driving me crazy. I need to change the date
>and time on a Mandrake 8.0 box. I know it's "date -s blah" but I'm having
>trouble with the "blah" part.

This one is easy.

Start KDE. Right click on the clock at your bottom-right corner. Select the
option "Adjust time".
Enter root password when prompted. Change the time. Click on 'Apply', 'OK'.

Is it that difficult? Think: Mandrake is easy.

If you want to do it through command line:

man date

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Linux Machine # 38068