[TriLUG] SSH "partial success"

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 11:49:53 EST 2002

I use SSH2 3.x.  I don't recognize those messages, but the first thing that
popped into my head was about user id.  I have my identities defined in my
normal user accounts.  Sometimes I try to ssh in somewhere when I am root and
things "kind of work" but I get that repeated request for a password.  Once,
I think I got through by entering the user account password (not the SSH
passphrase).  Try going back to the account in which you setup the
authentication and try logging in from that account.  When I first started
using SSH, that error would really lower my productivity for the day.

Mike M.