[TriLUG] Set date and time

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed Feb 13 11:13:16 EST 2002

El dia Wednesday 13 February 2002 10:33 am, no tenies res mes que fer i vas i
m'envies aquest mail:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Sinner from the Prairy wrote:
> > >From: "Robert A. Henderson" <rah at ntrnet.net>

> > >Ok, this is stupid but it's driving me crazy. I need to change the date
> > >and time on a Mandrake 8.0 box. I know it's "date -s blah" but I'm
> > > having trouble with the "blah" part.

> > (... point - n - click solution ...)
> > Is it that difficult? Think: Mandrake is easy.

> You are assuming the box in question has a video head on it. Or that X is
> installed. No GUI, no KDE. :-)

Well, you mentioned Mandrake, the Desktop Linux distribution. SO I assumed
that you had a desktop setup.

Next time, I'll send you an ASM piece of code to set up (flash, that's it)
your date and time on your computer BIOS.   :)

Salut,
Sinner
--
"I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father
smelt of elderberries!"