[TriLUG] Access databases under linux

Andrew Perrin andrew_perrin at unc.edu
Fri Feb 15 21:05:38 EST 2002

Well, I followed the link and found the dbf2mysql program referenced
enticingly. Followed it up, though, and found that it reads and writes dbf
files, which are not Access files, so I'm not sure exactly what the
article was referring to. Perhaps since Access has a dbf input filter one
can use that to go back and forth, but it wouldn't solve the original
poster's problem of consistently using an Access db on a linux machine
without using windows.

There are also some MSSQL->MySQL tools, but these seem pretty universally
to run on the Windows side, and dump either via ODBC or directly.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin at unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA