[TriLUG] Re: how goes the mail server

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 17 17:58:10 EST 2002

On Sunday 17 February 2002 04:13 pm, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> hey jon.. . how goes things with the mail sever?  I'm back from boston
> and thought I'd check in..

The prognosis is bleak.  I've been stuggling with it since I got back from
California.  After I put in the CPU, I could get it to boot, but that is
about all.  It pretty much locked up unless I stop it from trying to boot,
and then while I'm playing in the BIOS it general locked after a few minutes.

I'm using Kevin's CPU (PII 450/512/100/2.0V Socket 1).  If the CPU is good,
then I've not configured the motherboard correctly....  None of the software
based CPU settings did anygood, so I downloaded the manual, turned off the
softset option, and I've been tweaking the Jumpers for the ABIT-BF6
motherboard by hand.  It seems to stay up longer now (I can keep it in bios
almost indefinately).

I've set the jumpers controlling the cpu to: 3,4,7,9,10 on (the rest are off).

At this stage it freezes on looking at the HD - trying to autodetect it.
I'm looking for the specs on the drive, but the drive is about as generic as
it can be.  Do you know the manufacturer or any identifying information about
the drive?

Jon