[TriLUG] a good ssh client for win2k

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Mon Feb 18 11:25:20 EST 2002

gregbrown at mindspring.com [gregbrown at mindspring.com] wrote:
> All:
>
> I found some software (freeware) that I'd like to pass along.
> It's a ssh client (also does telnet and some other protocols)
> that runs under Win2k.  So far my non-thorough testing seems
> to show that it works fairly well.  It's called "Putty" and
> the download page for the software is:
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

Yup... PuTTY makes Windows usable... by letting you SSH to a real
OS.  <g>

Best of all, it's tiny for what it does (only a couple-hundred K)
so it's easy to just pull down when you need it.

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick (ranger at befunk.com)
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/