[TriLUG] motherboard.

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Feb 18 17:03:22 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 16:44, M. Mueller (bhu5nji) wrote:
> mobo = $16 + s/h $11 = $27
>
> I'll go $27/2 = 13.50.  If I had a job, I'd go for the full enchilada.
>
> Why not pass the hat and get 20 people at $10?  I know I get more than $10
> worth of help from TriLUG.  Then a full system at secondwind can be purchased.

If anything, the general fund for TriLUG needs the most help right now.
With the really poor economy we've been down on sponsorship and as Jon
Carnes reported our bank account contains more air than money at this
point.

Why not a 50/50 fund raiser?  Half of the $$ raised goes into the mail
server, the other half into the general fund.  That way we can continue
to eat free pizza while heckling the speakers and having side
conversations about the new mail server.

> I think the discussion on infrastructure is informative.  It shows how old PC
> perform current-day useful work using Linux.

Recycling is a good thing.  I've been doing a lot of that at my current
main client site and it is quite a refreshing change (hi boss!)

> That's not good for your Dell
> stock, but you shouldn't be investing in technology right now anyway.

On the contrary, buy low, sell high.