Cygwin (was Re: [TriLUG] a good ssh client for win2k)

Justin Johnson justin at eCotton.com
Tue Feb 19 10:02:29 EST 2002

> Cygwin is a must have for every Linux user forced to use
> a Windows machine. I was even able to get sshd working
> and we were able to get a remote bash shell on our NT/Win2K
> servers.

Would Cygwin allow me to connect to a Linux server from a windows desktop,
fire up
Gnome, and then start VMWare, to then fire up another OS in that window?

I have a Linux VMWare server running multiple MS OS's here for QA work. I
have a Linux
laptop set up on a wireless NIC, but when we get ready to roll out a
release, we'll need more than one system for QA. Having a windows client
that would allow a couple of connections to the VMWare server would be nice.

I'm headed to the Cygwin page now, just wondering if anyone has attempted
this.

Thanks,
Justin