[TriLUG] Don't get involved in Trilug...you might post *gasp* off topic.

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at apache.org
Tue Feb 19 07:56:31 EST 2002

Bottom line.  I'm rebelling against us dividing the group into 30
different mail lists every time someone gets in a tizzy about an effort
they don't want to hear about.  You'll just have to moderate all my
posts or give in.  I'm protesting.  Consider me virtually outside
carrying a picket sign that says "TriLug, Small Group, Less Lists" and
shouting "hell no to the hosting list I won't go".  So you'll just have
to bring in the police to beat my posts off the list or realize how
stupid all the dead lists that no one even KNOWS how to subscribe to
cause its not even linked off the website.

Social Disobedience.  Political Activism...and all this on a mail list..

The board says it wants to get people involved: is shoving the groups
activities into categories most people don't know about the way to do
it?  HA!  Hows that education list working?  Oh wow, I see the most long
running thread after hosting was initiated was Chris's "ignore: test"
post which he probably posted their because it was the most inactive
list he's signed up to.

3 of the lists are SO inactive (btw actually there are six! HA!) that
they have NO archive!  HA!

Specifically, here is what I want:

2 lists - general (this list) and dev

I think development issues on linux is truly another topic and has
actually benefited from the division.  Both lists listed on the web
page.  (Point me at it, grant me access and I'll change it).  The
subject of the "trilug" list is "trilug" and therefore nothing involving
the trilug is off topic.  Dev is for all us ultra-geeky programmers to
discuss the finer issues of STL *smirk*.

Stand up fight for what you believe in...  (yes I am grinning while I
type all of this).

Andy "hell no I won't go" Oliver

PS:

examples of larger groups with less lists:

Apache Tomcat (2)
gnumeric project (1)
triangle java users group (1)

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 00:16, Jon Carnes wrote:
> Andy, you're stepping over the line here.
>
> The complaint was legit, and doesn't deserve sarcasm.  I belong to some lists
<snip/>
--
www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!