[TriLUG] Question on Kmail

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Tue Feb 19 16:27:13 EST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 03:46 pm, you wrote:

> IIRC there ws a bug in Kmail that made it unusable with IMAP services.

Really?

I'm using it this minute.

> Try Sylpheed or Evolution instead. Both available on your distribution CDs.

FWIW, Evolution on KDE is a mixed blessing.  It looks very much like a GTK
app which of course is a subjective complaint.  But WRT functionality, it
uses Gnome's clipboard so cut & paste between KDE apps and Evolution doesn't
seem to work.

Of course I'm ass-uming the preferred desktop here is KDE since the app in
question is KMail.

The Evolution palm stuff doesn't seem to work under KDE either.

I may be forced into using Gnome just because Evolution is holding me hostage.

> For Mandrake, check Textstars website and ftp server at
> http://www.pclinuxoxnline.com . For Red Hat, their websites should have Red
> Hat binaries available.

Personally I downloaded Red Carpet from Ximian and it installed everything
for me.  Worked great on Linux.  Not at all on Solaris 8 / Sparc (though it
is advertised to work on that platform).