[TriLUG] Backup and Recovery

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Tue Feb 19 16:47:54 EST 2002

[2002-02-19 16:17] Janyne Kizer said:
| Someone pointed me to BackupEdge and RecoverEdge
| (http://www.microlite.com/) which look like they do what I would like
| but do not support ext3 or GRUB.  I was wondering if there is anything
| else on the market that provides similar funcionatity.  Basically, this
| allows you to create a bootable CD to use in conjunction with your
| backup tapes in the case of system failure (rather than install linux
| again to restore from tape you can boot from CD and restore from tape).
| This would be nice when trying to help someone restore a system over the
| phone.

Take a look at BRU (http://tolisgroup.com).  They have an opensource
CRU(Crash Recovery Utility) project, that works with their commercial
backup product.  I've not used the CRU, so I can't comment on it's
functionality.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman