[TriLUG] Call for a vote: Trash dead old lists

Brent Verner brent at rcfile.org
Tue Feb 19 18:29:46 EST 2002

[2002-02-19 14:11] acoliver said:
| I hereby call for a vote.  The following lists (that if you know where to
| look you can check out yourself http://www.trilug.org/mailman/listinfo/)
| should be discontinued and the topics become "just discus on
| trilug at trilug.org" topics.

Sorry, I can't lump all the extra lists together so simply.

| Education Education Subcommittee list  - No archive even...totally dead

+1  ???

| Hosting setup Hosting for local software projects  - very dead

+0  (no vote, just random noise)

    I agree, in a sense, with Donald's sentiment that this discussion
    is detrimental to signal/noise, however, this particular "noise"
    surrounding the mail server should be viewed as a _positive_
    sign of the membership's cooperation in accomplishing a task
    that is of value to any member of trilug (whether they choose
    to take advantage of it or not).

    I'm not sure whether the hosting@ should be removed, but I do
    think the recent email server discussion is a net benefit on the
    trilug@ list.  However, it may be best if /ongoing discussions/
    regarding the soon-to-be mailserver, such as "I'm having problems
    with the new mail server," be done on the hosting@ list, since
    this discussion would certainly _not_ be of any interest to those
    not taking advantage of the mail service.

    my $.02 -- don't spend it all in one place.

| Security_talk Security Talk for TriLUG presentation - no archive even

+1  remove.  security issues _are_ valuable to the general list(s).

| Welcome Welcome Wagon to help new LUG users  - no archive even

+1  remove.  The trilug@ list should be accessible for users at
    any level.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman