[TriLUG] re: email server still not functioning...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 20 00:12:20 EST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 11:19 pm, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> Cool.  Thanks for checking on this.
>
> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/justdeals/tyantomin810.html
>
> If no one has any objections I'll nab this.
>
> Would you rather I picked the box up from you and debugged the hardware
> problem myself or would you rather I just have the board shipped to
> you.  I'm cool either way, I just figured I might have gotten you in for
> more than you bargained for.  (I toldja you'd just be slapping in the
> CPU and installing GreenHat Linux ;-) ).
>
> If you'd like it shipped to ya just email me your mailing addy and I'll
> have the board shipped there (or to your work if you prefer)..

8405 Rhodes Rd
Apex, NC  27502

> If someone feels more qualified to select another motherboard (and is
> willing to put their money where their mouth is), cool.  I'll reimburse
> my promised $40.  Keep in mind we have 2 slot 1 processors..  The
> motherboard will need to fit one of them ;-).  Otherwise lets get this
> sucker humming!
>
> One more stupid question Jon, could I have screwed that in there wrong
> and the heat is causing the MB to make contact with the case somehow?  I
> doubt it...  This is why I'm in software ;-)

I checked that.  Your screws looked a bit suspicious so I pulled them and
then used some non-conductive material to support the MB.  You may be happy
to know that it made no difference...

I'm going to buy us a 60Gb IDE drive for $100 from my favorite site:
http://www.pcprogress.com/Items/IDEDrives.asp?OrderID=15230216876539248228072

Jon