[TriLUG] question 1: RH 7.1 FTP access SLOW

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 20 09:47:23 EST 2002

I am running RH 7.1 connected to a cable modem and I just enabled ftp through the firewall.  I have plenty of bandwidth but the FTP server running on the box seems very sssslllllooooooowwwwwwww... It takes forever to respond to the initial FTP request (but transfers files quickly once connected).

Is this normal behavior for wu-ftpd?  Very long time to connect, very long time to deliver responses to command like 'dir' or 'ls', but very quick file transfers?

Greg