[TriLUG] RE: Call for a vote: Trash dead old lists

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 10:18:34 EST 2002

On Tuesday 19 February 2002 05:33 pm, you wrote:
> > > Hosting setup Hosting for local software projects  - very dead
> >
> > -1
> > If all the traffic that _should_ have gone to the hosting list had in
> > fact done so, this list would not be dead.
>
> Actually I think you're wrong.  You know why?  Because since next to no one
> subscribes to it or even would have noticed the post, there would be one or
> two frustrated posts from me.  I'm not sure that would have revived it.
> You're making the inaccurate assumption that people who want a trilug email
> server care about "hosting" in general.  I don't really.  I don't care if
> those who do discuss it here...I'll just ignore or switch to digest
> (actually I think I am in digest mode...I go in and out depending on
> traffic)...
>
> Consider the fact there would have been a solitary post from me, we'd not
> have the server nearly complete and the whole effort would have flopped.
> Would that have been worth not annoying you with a few extra posts that you
> must delete or scroll past?  I'm asking...seriously.
>
> -Andy

I agree that the mail host project was/is everyone's business.  I see a few
creatively organizing assembly of infrastructure to benefit all of us. I read
posts saying this thread is inappropriate.  Such posts strike me as biting
the hand that feeds.

It is time for action IMO.  Send money today to buy an end to the discussion
of mail host infrastructure.  Will somebody please post how we can send
money?  I belong to an investment club that has it's own PO Box.  Surely
TriLUG could have the same thing.  The WUNC plea book argues that if just
half of the trilug users sent in $5.00 we would reach our goal of $xxxx.00.

In the next release of www.trilug.org, I suggest that the Sponser link be
changed to "Sponsership".  In the link, include information of how individual
and companies can sponser the site.

I also suggest that the sponsership message be attached to every post at the
bottom.

Now I'm upset and I've gone to the dark side (marketing).

Mike M.