[TriLUG] always a day late and a dollar short...

David R. Matusiak matusiak at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 20 13:12:55 EST 2002

ya know, us digest users don't get to enjoy the fray 'til the next day. :)

in regards to the "interesting" discussion taking place yesterday about what
lists to kill and what topics are acceptable and whatnot - well, i'll never get
that 20 minutes of my life back. all thanks to some loudmouths who want to rant
about nothing in particular and to nobody.

before you reply with the brain-dead auto-reply "hit delete; bandwidth is
cheap," let me inform you that bandwidth is indeed NOT cheap (perhaps it is not
you paying the bill, cheapskate). but more valuable to me than my money is my
time. and this temper-tantrum was a waste of everyones time. so, thanks for
solving the enormous social problems of trilug, y'all.

more to the point, Andy - i have always enjoyed time talking with you in person,
while i thought your posts were generally a tad overbearing. but this debacle
(of which it appears you are the rindleader) makes me think of you as a retarded
child who keeps getting kicked in the head by a donkey. Mike J. asked a good
question about "why is this so damn important to you" and your response to that
was as non-sensical as your previous 20-30 posts.

dead lists are "hurting" trilug? what are you fscking nuts??? (profanity
side-stepped for the reality impaired). you keep saying "no one is subscribed"
to any of these lists, while the *people who actually know* have come back to
tell you the more accurate figures. and again, in your next response, you fail
to acknowledge the /actual/ facts and begin citing your own personal "facts."

i think all the java-to-excel programming is hurting your brain. see a
physician. or at least attempt to parse others' responses before shooting out
another flaming anal discharge.

i don't understand how (some) people see the hosting@ list as a failure. i mean,
just the other day i was treated to a multi-post-extravaganza about how hedemark
hates KDE. or maybe he hates Gnome. i don't know... it was all a blur as i was
deleting it (because it had nothing at all to do with "hosting solutions"). but
anyway, that list is GREAT! everyone should subscribe! (oh wait, according to
Andy, no one is one that list and it is never used -- pardon me!)

so, this is how trilug dies, huh? one valuable contributor at a time. first we
lost Rob Day and now we've lost Donald Ball. two extremely bright and helpful
individuals. and this only counts those who were vocal enough to announce their
decisions to unsub.

pretty soon we will only have One True Trilug List[tm] (which will include
bsd-related discussion for some amazing reason) and it will consist solely of
Ambassador Andy and Reverend Censorship screaming back and forth at one
another. and the steering committee will be on the sidelines scratching their
heads, wondering "gee, how did *that* come to pass?"

i am in my third year of trilug membership and (in my worthless opinion) never
has the quality of content fallen so low. and i don't particularly like the fact
that some religious fanatic has tried to censor me on this list for using a word
as common as "fart." (well, i guess now that trilug is "for christians only"
then i should learn not to offend our tyrannical overlords). or that another one
is filling his free time with creating useless "polls" which will have zero
effect. but i guess to be "up to their level of professionalism" i'll have to
expand my vocabulary (i should start by re-reading the bible!) and learn to
obsess about things of very little meaning or importance.

heh. look at me -- i'm obsessing already!! i'm on my way to being an "expert!"
and could people learn to trim a reply once in a while??? by doing so, you can
free up valuable space for your 15 line .sig file.

Reverend Matusiak
m a h t o o z e e a c k  a t  s p e e k e e z e e  d o t  n e t