[TriLUG] Dell 2400 and Linux

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Wed Feb 20 15:03:24 EST 2002

I have a Dell 2400 with RH7.2 and it seems to have no problems.  I made
sure I didn't delete the Dell partition, and I had Grub stick it's boot
loader in the MBR.  On fdisk it marks the dell partition as the boot
device.  I haven't tried using the dell tools so I don't know if they are
broken, but Linux boots fine (and stable).  Running RH 7.2 + RH updates,
MySQL, Tomcat, Apache, 1.5 Gigs Memory, and 4 18gig SCSI HDs, and a single
PIII.  Unfortunately, I can't take the system down at the moment to test
out the dell tools.

David