[TriLUG] X Configuration for PCI TnT2 PRO DVIAD, digital video card

Ahmed Aziz Ahmed_Aziz at med.unc.edu
Fri Feb 22 09:46:25 EST 2002

Hello all,

I'm new to Linux, using Red Hat 7.2; and am try to configure a PCI TnT2
PRO DVIAD video card w/16MB
(I believe this is an NVIDIA product) and a Gateway FPD1500.
XConfigurator identifies the card as  a RIVA TnT2 PRO.
This particular product only provides digital output to a digital
monitor
only (not a digital/analog like most of the contemporary cards).
What I get is display output that continuously vertically scrolls, or is
skewed
both vertically and horizontally.
What I've tried:
generic laptop (800x600, 1024x768)
generic SVGA
NVIDA's kernel and driver (for the PRO but haven't found anything
specific for DVIAD)

I suspect that the monitor is fine since it's specifically listed in
the Red Hat 7.2 distribution but I'm unsure as how to address this
particular card.

Thanks