[TriLUG] Debian question

M. Mueller (bhu5nji) bhu5nji at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 14:38:52 EST 2002

> You may be tired of hearing this, but by-gum! Mandrake has been very very
> good to a lot of folks - there's a reason why its the fastest growing
> distribution... and of course it supports the latest and greatest hardware.

I use Mandrake 8.1 (8.2 soon, maybe) on my laptop office environment and I'm
very pleased with it.  I'm not sure about the older revisions.  For my
application, I really want to stay far away from the kernel's edge.  In less
than a year, there have been how many kernel releases?  I can't keep up and
develop an application at the same time.  Besides, I can't figure out what
the benefit would be to my application to keep abreast of the latest kernel.
Things have been working nicely at 2.2.14.  I'll move to 2.2.18 if I can get
Potato working.  Here's what I do: www.signalnetware.com if you're interested.

> <okay, let the distro wars begin!>
>
> You know, I would love to have a survey app on TriLUG that lets us
> vote/register our favorite distro's.

RH6.1 with 2.2.14 custom kernel (9 machines now == 1 development + 5 test + 3
productions)
Mandrake 8.1 on a laptop.

> Jon

Mike  M.

Support TriLUG. Reply directly for details on how to send a check.
No amount is too small.