[TriLUG] RE: Call for a vote: Trash dead old lists

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 21 23:22:10 EST 2002

Yes, indeed. After that long discussion about our financial state at a
recent meeting, I was amazed that no one suggested "club dues". I belong to
several organizations which have dues of  either $8 or $9 and no one
complains at all. Their point of complaint seems to be when they reach about
twice that. In fact, tonight I attended a ham/computer auction meeting which
served Pepsi and Pizza. They charged each person $7 for the pizza, and no
one complained at all!!  In fact, this same group usually has their monthly
meetings in a particular restaurant which charges each member for their
supper. The restaurant is selected for its good food and good prices. So I
have to conclude that if  Tri-lug started "club dues" no one would complain
IF they were reasonable. I don't know the club's financial state, but it
seems that this option ought to be considered.
AL Johnson.