[TriLUG] Intrex and Linux Users

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 22 02:58:45 EST 2002

Recently it has come to my knowledge that Intrex Computer Company (which we
have discussed before and which has stores in Raleigh and Cary) WILL
"ALLEGEDLY" NOW BUILD AND INSTALL LINUX BOXES FOR INDIVIDUAL USERS AND SMALL
BUSINESS USERS!! In the past they have only had WINDOZE technicians but I've
been told by a friend who has a company that makes purchases from them that
they now have acquired Linux technicians who can now create AND service
individual Linux boxes. In fact when they recently encountered a problem
with one of their Linux boxes Intrex repaired it.
    When I get a chance I'm going to go over and further investigate this
info for myself. If you're interested you might want to as well.
   PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE NO FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS COMPANY EXCEPT AS
A  SATISFIED CUSTOMER IN THE PAST!!
------------
On another note, I was in Compusa (on Glennwood Ave. in Raleigh) today and
inquired about whether or not they had "Linux classes" for beginners, since
they have all sorts of classes like this for just about everything else in
WINDOZE computers. They replied that they were seriously considering
offering them and ask them to leave my email address so they could notify me
if or when they would be offered. The "apparent" head honcho of the
"classes" is part of their store said they did indeed have a person who
could teach their Linux and Unix classes, but they didn't have any scheduled
at present. As I was leaving the store, one of their salesmen gave me his
sales card and told me to notify him if they started these classes.
According to him several other people had asked the same question I did.
Maybe we all need to start asking for something like this.
   Drive another nail in Microsoft's coffin, is my motto.

AL Johnson