[TriLUG] Intrex and Linux Users

John Beimler john at radiomind.com
Fri Feb 22 19:45:51 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 18:48, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> On the flip side, I've gotten some VERY custom systems from Stay
> Online.  Have you ever needed a system with 18 PCI slots?  I did.  And
> they delivered.  They were AWESOME at working with me through some tough
> hardware conflict issues and did a great job of delivering a system that
> met or exceeded our specifications (which were very tough specs mind
> you).  The price on those 18-slot systems were a lot less than I had
> anticipated, BTW.  And they worked fine with Red Hat 7.1.

Stay Online is way cool and they have great linux support, but we have
had some issues with the stability (hardware wise) on some 1U servers
from Stay Online too.  I didn't buy them or spec them out, they may have
the cheapest of everything in them and thats why we have issues, but
just a warning.

Peace.

john
--