[TriLUG] Membership Dues

john broome jbroome at intrex.net
Sat Feb 23 00:04:28 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 22:18, Jon Carnes wrote:

> Dues... If the membership wants them, we have to charge them, but I doubt
> that the majority of members do.  Our expenses are 90% Pizza related.
> Instead of charging dues, I would advocate folks just have a bring your own
> dinner meeting thirty minutes prior to the speaker taking the stage.

Honestly, I'm not there for pizza.  In my attendence to two meetings I
have not partaken (I just don't like pappa johns, I blame Moonlight
pizza.)  And as such if there were dues, i wouldn't want my money going
to food.  Hardware for LUG related goodies, or something else more Linux
related is no problem, but I can get pizza on my own.

But that's just me, i could be wrong..