[TriLUG] OT: Internet routing infrastructure problem? (was "new mailing list?")

Dan Chen crimsun at email.unc.edu
Sun Feb 24 18:55:35 EST 2002

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 04:51:21PM -0500, Chris Hedemark wrote:
[snip]
> Earlier today I couldn't get to msnbc.com *or* cnn.com (at the same
> time) yet other sites were up.

Just talked to someone on *.san.rr.com who was seeing similar symptoms.

> Mail that I am sending to known good addresses, using an SMTP server
> that is *not* part of the AOL/Time-Warner network, is timing out or
> bouncing.

Not just you, other RR users are seeing similar symptoms.

[snip]
> Is it just me?  Other roadrunner users seeing this?  Other
> non-roadrunner users seeing this?

Not just you. I see it _very_ occasionally, and I attribute that to our
university's excellent infrastructure. And like I noted above, other RR
users are seeing similar symptoms.

Dan Chen                 crimsun at email.unc.edu
GPG key:   www.unc.edu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc