[TriLUG] TriLUG Frequently Asked Questions

al johson alfjon at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 25 20:52:34 EST 2002

My vote goes to reasonable membership dues and then have members who must
eat pizza contribute to pay for it if and when they eat it.
     I just returned from an amateur radio (and used computers) auction a
few days ago held by a ham club to which I pay dues for membership. It was a
meeting that supplied pizza and soft drinks (just like our Tri-lug
meetings). At that meeting, IF you wanted to eat the club's pizza you had to
pay $7 for a paper plate to eat as much as you liked (sort of like what we
do at our meetings, except for the $7 fee. It was no surprise to anyone
there when just about everyone paid their $7 to defray the cost of pizza and
softdrinks).

Frankly, I think that if our pizza bill is causing us such a monetary
problem, that is a problem we can certainly do without. Unless this group
wants to change its name from the Triangle Linux Pizza-eating Users Group
(Tri-LPEUG) from the Triangle-Linux User Group (Tri-Lug) :-)). I don't know
what others will say, but frankly I didn't join this group to eat pizza, but
to learn how to use Linux.
     We could still have pizza-eating groups who have a meeting either
BEFORE or AFTER the regular meeting at a local pizza joint where those
groups could both eat pizza AND pay for it either individually or as a group
with a discount.

                        ON ANOTHER TOPIC:

     I'm still looking for one or two experienced Linux gurus (esp. those
with experience in installing modems and other desktop hardware and programs
for desktop users) to volunteer for a mini-installfest to be held on the
first Thurs. of  next month at the Graphicsink, Ltd.  (www.graphicsink.com)
corporation. There will be no charge for anyone else who would like to bring
their computers to this mini-installfest to see if they can get somethings
fixed--and yes, Tri-lug will get the credit IF we can get some Tri-Lug help.
Tri-lug would probably get some new members to pay dues, to boot!!  RSVP
alfjon at mindspring.com
      Incidentally, two TRI-LUG members already belong to this group that
meets at this time and place!! The date is the first Thurs. in March (Mar.
7th).