[TriLUG] making a disk image

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 25 22:45:26 EST 2002

Folks,

Hey, I'm curious if any of your out there have ever used any Linux
software for making backup images of your file systems, perhaps
something similar to Norton's Ghost software.  I would like to back up
my Linux drives since I heard one of them making some rather unfortunate
noises one evening.  I'm afraid that if I spin them down, they won't
spin back up, and I would like to make decent backups before that
happens.

Any thoughts you might have on a good disk imaging software would be
helpful.  Thanks!

Regards,
Ben Pitzer