[TriLUG] Video card recommendations?

Al Koscielny alko at nc.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 13:59:57 EST 2002

> I have a PCI TNT card that also developed the grey streaks across the
> monitor.  And you're not the only other person that i've heard of having
> this problem.  Did one of your heat sinks fall off?
Yes, it's the gray streaks across the screen.  The other machines on the KVM
don't have the gray streaks.  This machine is dual boot with W2K, and it
shows gray streaks also.

I pulled the cover off and the card looks okay, no extra parts floating
around.  I did have an AMD K6-2 500 MHz fail a few weeks ago. However, the
CPU (105 F) and case ( 80 F) temperatures are reasonable values.

--
Al Koscielny
alko at nc.rr.com