[TriLUG] Soyo MB at a local dealer?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Thu Feb 28 19:34:06 EST 2002

A Dijous 28 Febrer 2002 05:47 pm, vàreu escriure:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 05:06:36PM -0500, Brian Daniels wrote:
> > I'm getting ready to build a new box and planned to base it around
> > the Soyo K7V Dragon+ motherboard.  I've been unable to locate any
> > local dealers stocking this MB and was wondering if the LUG knew of
> > any.
>
> Best Buy in Durham had one in stock a while back (presumably a fluke,
> as I've never known them to carry Soyos), but you're probably better
> off ordering online (see pricewatch).

I'm looking myself for a Mobo+AMD-XP+RAM+case (+ possible
cdrw+videocard). Soyo Dragon+ looks like a good board, as seen on Tom's
Hardware and Anadtech:

http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q4/011126/index.html
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1578&p=24

I've been serahching through Tom's Hardware, PriceWatch... Now I have
various quotes from:

http://www.tcwo.com
http://www.thenerds.net/
http://www.bzboyz.com
http://www.1steweb.net/

The prices are not that different, when you add all up.

But I have no idea who is the good shop, who is the scam, who has good
reputation...

Remember that I am not what you can call "a local guy"  *grin*

Any idea who is good? Any other shops?

You can e-mail me privately if you do not want to disturb the list.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake 8.1 - Kernel  2.4.8-34mdk     Linux Machine # 38068